Forum
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: ultilearn

ultilearn 03 Feb 2014 17:53 #1

• 1322WW
  • Hey! I'm new here
i have completed my leading exams on ultilearn but now nothing is coming up. i need help please
The administrator has disabled public write access.

ultilearn 03 Feb 2014 18:46 #2

• woatch
  • Sopwith Camel
  • Thank you received: 2
I would suggest as a starting point you bring this to the attention of your squadron training officer for their assistance.
In God I trust......all others I monitor.....

ultilearn 19 Feb 2014 11:05 #3

• Olie
  • Hey! I'm new here
You may have accidentally archived them. There is a check box on the bottom right to show archived. Check this and you may find they reappear.

As above, contact your Sqn Training Officer - they will be able to look up within the Squadron Management System to show your passes. They will then fill in your blue card and send it off to Wing who will then send your card and badge back to the Sqn.

Well done!

ultilearn 19 Feb 2014 13:26 #4

• wdimagineer2b
  • Tornado
  • Thank you received: 164
Olie wrote:
They will then fill in your blue card and send it off to Wing who will then send your card and badge back to the Sqn.

In fact the process now is: fill in a form with details of all cadets who've passed; email it to SERCO graphics at Cranwell and copy Wing HQ. Cranwell print the certificates and post directly to your chosen address, Wing should send the badge.

The blue cards were done away with quite some time ago.
• Year 2 "Dolphin Award" swimming certificate
• Sports Day Long Sprint winner
• Rolf's Cartoon Club member 1990 - 1993
• President - "Including lots of ridiculous 'qualifications' in your signature makes you seem like a pretentious moron society"
Last Edit: 19 Feb 2014 13:26 by wdimagineer2b.

ultilearn 19 Feb 2014 13:30 #5

• Olie
  • Hey! I'm new here
I guess it depends on the Wing as we are still using them, after sending the card to Wind we also fill in the form for the certificates from SERCO graphics at Cranwell.

Either way the OP should speak with the Sqn Training Officer who should be able to sort it out with their Wing processes.

ultilearn 19 Feb 2014 15:59 #6

• MattB
  • Tornado
Whilst there's an Ultilearn topic going, does anyone know how to change passwords? I've done it before, but I can't remember how and despite an A-Level in computing, a day job doing computery-things and being a power-user of most common software, Ultilearn is so spectacularly unintuitive that I can't work it out.

ultilearn 19 Feb 2014 16:14 #7

• Plt Off Prune
  • Spitfire
  • Thank you received: 59
Olie wrote:
I guess it depends on the Wing as we are still using them, after sending the card to Wind we also fill in the form for the certificates from SERCO graphics at Cranwell.

Either way the OP should speak with the Sqn Training Officer who should be able to sort it out with their Wing processes.

Why? Suggest as part of the Admin Burden Reduction, some low-hanging fruit could be picked and a quick win would be to FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS ISSUED BY HQAC AND GET RID OF THE USE OF BLUE CARDS!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
Prevents that Thinking feeling
The following user(s) said Thank You: Baldrick, Olie

ultilearn 19 Feb 2014 16:22 #8

• Olie
  • Hey! I'm new here
Don't suppose you have a link do you Plt Off Prune? I presume it's on SharePoint somewhere?

MattB - I have found that for some users (not all), after a password reset request (which goes to the OC) and logging in with the new password it requests you to change the password. I have not been able to find anywhere to change it for those that do not get this or simply wish to "manually".

I've also found Ultilearn is "flaky" with Internet Explorer 11 and sometimes with Chrome - to the point where a Cadet can be halfway through an exam and it hangs or suddenly quits and the Cadet either can't restart the exam and has to wait 7 days or start from the beginning again. The most reliable browser I have found for Ultilearn in Firefox.

ultilearn 19 Feb 2014 16:29 #9

• Baldrick
  • Vulcan
  • RAFVR(T)
  • Thank you received: 99
I had the same thing with one of my cadets yesterday. An exam previously undertaken was absent from his 'My Courses' list. Nor was it in the archive, not had he deleted it.

I discovered that he was not registered for it, but was approved by me to see it. I also noticed that the name of the exam was now "topic name v2" I think that perhaps the original exam had been deleted, and the second version not replaced.
I wear a chip bag now. Chip bags are cool.

"The Adjutant's job is not solely a 'backroom' one, the Adjutant controls the battle whilst the CO commands it."

ultilearn 19 Feb 2014 16:56 #10

• Plt Off Prune
  • Spitfire
  • Thank you received: 59
Olie wrote:
Don't suppose you have a link do you Plt Off Prune? I presume it's on SharePoint somewhere?

MattB - I have found that for some users (not all), after a password reset request (which goes to the OC) and logging in with the new password it requests you to change the password. I have not been able to find anywhere to change it for those that do not get this or simply wish to "manually".

I've also found Ultilearn is "flaky" with Internet Explorer 11 and sometimes with Chrome - to the point where a Cadet can be halfway through an exam and it hangs or suddenly quits and the Cadet either can't restart the exam and has to wait 7 days or start from the beginning again. The most reliable browser I have found for Ultilearn in Firefox.

It was on email, but SharePoint reveals

sharepoint.bader.mod.uk/ScotNIRegion/WSc...%2022%20Feb%2012.doc

Plus a couple of other references to "obsolete" in different Wing HQ areas.
Prevents that Thinking feeling
The following user(s) said Thank You: Olie

ultilearn 19 Feb 2014 22:49 #11

• pEp
  • Thank you received: 112
Unfortunately, we're in the same position as Olie and I got into hot water over not sending cards in!

ultilearn 20 Feb 2014 14:42 #12

• wdimagineer2b
  • Tornado
The current ACTO gives the option for Squadrons to choose whether they wish to continue using the F3521 in addition to updating SMS and completing the required forms for Cranwell graphics.
Unfortunately I guess that some Wings have chosen to enforce it.
God know's why? The information is contained within SMS. Why make extra work for the sake of it? The blue cards no longer serve any useful purpose.
• Year 2 "Dolphin Award" swimming certificate
• Sports Day Long Sprint winner
• Rolf's Cartoon Club member 1990 - 1993
• President - "Including lots of ridiculous 'qualifications' in your signature makes you seem like a pretentious moron society"
Last Edit: 20 Feb 2014 18:35 by wdimagineer2b.

ultilearn 20 Feb 2014 15:16 #13

• themajor
  • Spitfire
  • Thank you received: 29
wdimagineer2b wrote:
The current ACTO gives the option for Squadrons to choose whether they wish to continue using the F3521.
Unfortunately I guess that some Wings have chosen to enforce it.
God know's why? The information is contained within SMS. Why make extra work for the sake of it? The blue cards no longer serve any useful purpose.

My Bold. Why not we seem to in almost every other area of the ACO :!:

ultilearn 20 Feb 2014 23:34 #14

• spicester
  • Sopwith Camel
  • Thank you received: 4
There is a current "bug" with Ultilearn regarding courses going "missing" - submit a Service request and they will restore the missing courses. Source: Ken Snyder at ATF beginning of January.

ultilearn 25 Feb 2014 12:18 #15

• gatekrash
  • Hey! I'm new here
  • Thank you received: 2
Baldrick wrote:
I had the same thing with one of my cadets yesterday. An exam previously undertaken was absent from his 'My Courses' list. Nor was it in the archive, not had he deleted it.

I discovered that he was not registered for it, but was approved by me to see it. I also noticed that the name of the exam was now "topic name v2" I think that perhaps the original exam had been deleted, and the second version not replaced.

Would that have been Senior/Master Piston Engine Propulsion by any chance ?

I've had a load of cadets get 90-odd % through this exam a couple of weeks ago, failing one or two questions. They went back into it last night to retake the failed Q's only to find it completely missing, despite a record in SMS showing them as attempting the exam and scoring 91%. And I suspect that re-registering it means they now have to resit the whole exam (didn't have time to try last night).

They will be seriously unhappy if that's the case !
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.322 seconds